NATIONAL ACTIVE AND RETIRED FEDERAL EMPLOYEES
MARYLAND FEDERATION OF CHAPTERS
- DAN MCGRATH, PRESIDENT
- GARY ROUNDTREE SR., 1st VICE PRESIDENT & LEGISLATIVE DIRECTOR
- JO ANNE GROVES, 2nd VICE PRESIDENT & MEMBERSHIP DIRECTOR
- PATRICIA FARMER, SECRETARY
RICHARD STROMBOTNE, TREASURER
- RON BOWERS, PAST PRESIDENT
- TED JENSEN, IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT & PAST PRESIDENT
4 September 2015
TO: Federation Officers and Chairmen
Federation Board Members [Chapter Presidents]
FROM: Dan McGrath, President, 410-641-5570, email@example.com
SUBJECT: Call to Federation Board Meeting, 6 October 2015
- The next meeting of the Maryland Federation Board has been scheduled as follows:
Day/Date/Time: Tuesday, 6 October 2015 / 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Place: Comfort Inn, Bowie
2. All addressees are urged to attend this important meeting. Important items on the agenda include: 1) A briefing on the Federation’s new approach to our State Legislative Program, including a more aggressive approach to having our retirement income excluded from Maryland State Income Tax; 2) Peter Franchot, Maryland Comptroller, will be our Luncheon Speaker, and 3) We will have an update on the Federation’s plans for Forums leading up to the 2016 elections and the role that is envisioned for the chapters. Interested members, guests and past Chapter Presidents are welcome and encouraged to attend. Guests can pay at the door, but must have reservations.
3. The cost of lunch, and travel at 45c per mile, will be borne by the Federation for Federation Officers and Chairmen, and Board Members [or an Alternate Board Member when attending in lieu of the Board Member]. Per person costs to the Federation now exceed $26. The below-cost registration fee of $20, in effect, is an incentive from the Federation to increase attendance at the Board meeting and inform more members about Federation operations.
All chapter attendees are encouraged to carpool. Because of the distance involved, 125 miles or more, the Federation will reimburse Chapters 410 West-Mar, and 2274 Ocean Area for one night at the hotel so they can come the day before, on 5 October 2015. Registration, including lunch, will be $20 for each guest, payable at registration. Chapters will be billed for payment of no shows.
4. Since we have to advise the Comfort Inn of the number of lunch reservations, please make your reservations on the form included in the attachment above and mail it to Marty Strombotne, as soon as possible, or email the information below, but it should reach Marty Strombotne no later than Saturday, 26 September 2015. Cancellation without penalty is noon Saturday, 26 September 2015. If you need to cancel please do Marty the courtesy of letting her know ASAP. Call 240-632-9881 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note the name of the driver you will ride with, as Treasurer Dick Strombotne plans to have mileage checks available that day.
5. According to Federation Bylaws, F-7s are needed immediately from any chapter that has made any changes, not already reported, in officers, chairmen, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, location, dues, etc., so the Secretary can update the Directory in time for this Board meeting. The Secretary also needs the name, telephone number and email address for the Chapter Alternate to Federation Board meetings. Please check the previous Directory for errors. If you are not using the NARFE electronic F-7, type and send by email or type and send by the post office, to each of the following, plus one for your chapter files:
Patricia Farmer, Secretary NARFE -7 Unit
13304 Briarwood Drive 606 N Washington Street
Laurel, MD 20708 Alexandria VA 22314-1914