CALL TO MARYLAND FEDERATION TRAINING DAY
THURSDAY, OCT. 30, 2014 – BOWIE COMFORT INN
TO: Chapter Presidents, Membership Chairs, Legislative Chairs, Social Media Coordinators, FLC and SLC Members
CC: Federation Executive Committee, Federation Committee Chairs, Region II RVP, Configuration Advisory Board Representative and Region II Federation Presidents
FROM: Dan McGrath, President – 410-641-5570 – firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJ: MARYLAND FEDERATION TRAINING DAY
DEADLINE: Pre-register with Marty Strombotne, Registrar, by Friday, Oct. 24
Registration Form – Registration form for October 30, 2014 Training
- Registration Marty Strombotne, Registrar
- Coffee, Danish
- Call to Order Dan McGrath. President
- Invocation Larry Lange, Chaplain
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Announcements Dan McGrath
- Update on NARFE Legislative Program – National Office Staff Invited, Legislative Director Gary Roundtree has lead
- Update on NARFE Membership Program – National Office Staff Invited, Membership Director Jo Anne Groves has lead
11:45 a.m. Break for Lunch
1:00 p.m. Start Afternoon Sessions-To be run in 3 Tracks
- Track-1: Legislative Workshop and FLC Meeting – Gary Roundtree and Sudha Haley, FLC Chair, have lead. All attendees are invited to attend this session, not just the MD Federation’s FLC members.
- Track-2: Membership Workshop Recruitment and Retention – Jo Anne Groves and Dick Strombotne, Member Retention Chair, have lead.
- Track-3: OAM Q & A Session and Update on National Office’s Web Hosting Software for Chapter Websites – Pat Dempsey, Region II Representative on the National Configuration Advisory Board and Member of the MD Federation’s ECC Committee has the lead. Attendance at this session will be by appointment scheduled in the morning at the ECC table on the side of the meeting room. Attendees scheduled for this track should also plan to attend Track 1 or 2 leaving that session for the appointment time of their Track 3 attendance and then returning to the Track 1 or 2 meeting for the rest of the afternoon.
3:25 p.m. Closing
MAKE SURE YOU COMPLETE THE EVALUATION FORM BEFORE LEAVING MEETING.
For this event, the cost of registration, including lunch, will be borne by the Federation for all attendees from the Maryland Federation. Attendees from outside Maryland will have to pay the $20 registration/lunch fee. One driver from each Maryland chapter will be reimbursed for mileage at 45 cents per mile. Carpooling is strongly encouraged.
Pre-registration is required. Please inform Marty Strombotne promptly of your plans to attend this training. The Registration form is attached. Be sure to tell Marty whom you are riding with. In addition please give Marty your best guess as to how many will be attending each breakout track in the afternoon. If an individual is planning to schedule a Track 3 appointment that individual should be listed for both Track 3 and Track 1 or 2. This will help us size the groups to the available meeting rooms. Deadline for registering is Friday, October 24.
Chapters will be billed for payment of No Shows
Because of the distance involved, 125 miles or more, the Federation will reimburse Chapters 410 West-Mar and 2274 Ocean Area for one or more rooms (up to 4) for October 29 at the hotel as necessary. These chapters should make their own reservations with the Comfort Inn. All attendee names are needed on the registration form so that accurate lunch arrangements can be made and a proper number of training materials prepared. The Federation will pay mileage at 45 cents per mile. Again, carpooling is strongly recommended.